Nillkin is a manufacturer from China. Here’s the official product photo:
Originally I wanted to buy Ringke Slim or Spigen. However, they are more expensive from where I live, and some Ringke Slim users reported in Amazon that they scratched their phones because it fits too tightly.
This is what I found with my Nillkin Frosted Shield:
- Fit enough for me
- Makes the Nexus 5 thicker than I thought
- The bottom part is imperfect (see my last photo) but I believe this is a defect for my particular unit only
- Does not scratch the Nexus 5 when installing or removing it
- Even though it is matte I don’t feel it improves the grip, in fact it makes it worse for me
- The case pushes my 0.15mm Glass-M protector so one of the corner has a little bubble. I imagine if someone installs the case first, then installs the Glass-M perfectly positioned the bubbles may be avoided, since the 0.15mm Glass-M is actually smaller than the Nexus 5 screen.
- The case comes with a Nillkin plastic protector. I do not use it, but many taobao reviews say the case will push its own protector up. I imagine this will happen with any plastic protector that fits the Nexus 5 screen size perfectly.
– I accidentally dropped my Nexus 5 soon after installing it (not on purpose )
– The corner of the case hits the wooden floor first. My Nexus 5 and the already-cracked Glass M (due to installation mistake) is not harmed further. (But this does not necessarily prove the case really helped, since I dropped my Galaxy Nexus at least 5 or 6 times before without any protection )
Photos by Nexus 5: